I can’t believe it has been about 8 months since this bathroom remodel was complete! I will show you the ‘Before’ images and my idea board, and then post the finished photos after my Bathroom Remodel article comes out in the Idaho State Journal on Saturday.
We started with a basement bathroom in desperate need of some TLC. Basically, nothing had been done to it since the home was built in the early 90s. There had been a leak in the shower basin at one point, which necessitated a large hole to be cut in the drywall between the vanity and the shower. My client had decorated nicely with the existing blue vinyl flooring, but was more than ready to be done with the gold shower and cracked vanity countertop. Here are some Before shots:
The corner shower.
The toilet area, complete with basement bathroom miscellaneous. My client would like you to know that this was after all the decorations had been removed and that the spider and ant traps have found more discreet homes.
The clients wanted my complete input on the space, so here are some ideas I came up with:
Here are the sources, if you are interested:
1. Shades of Light Clear Cloche Glass Sconce $59.00 each Oil Rubbed Bronze
3. Allen + Roth 30 in Palencia Espresso Vanity, $329.00
Moen nickel tub/shower handle, $94.18
9. 12-in x 14-in White Gray Tones Wall Tile border, $12.08 sf
12. 15 minute hourglass timer-green, $9.95
13. Seam bath Accessories, white, $1.95-7.95
14. Bamboo Rayon Channel Bath towels, White
15. Bath Rug, Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler, jcpenny $35
16. Example of vinyl flooring, slate. I couldn’t find it online, so I put this in as an example.
17. Color swatch. Build espresso stained shelves in space over toilet. Paint wall behind shelves with gradation of colors.
We ended up making a few changes as we went along, but we stuck with these ideas for the majority. Check back on Saturday to see how it all turned out!