This room may be a work in progress for awhile, since I am still working on painting the exterior of our house. But, it always helps to get the ideas going, and then when it is too hot outside, I have more motivation to go to work on the basement laundry room! Here are some ideas so far:
1. Possible colors for floor and walls. I am pretty positive the walls will be white, but the floor may change. I am currently thinking a soft yellow-green, sort of based off the ‘grass’ colors in the screen (#7).
2. Black and White leaf drapes. I have these already and am using them in our living room. But, we really could use another set to really cover the picture window, so I am thinking of moving them to the laundry room. I will put them on rings so they open and close easily.
3. I love the idea of painting the utility sink. I am not sure our colors will be the same, but I do like the pop of red (or a red-orange) with the light gray legs.
4. I really like the look of soaps dispensed into smaller containers (since we get ours at Costco, size large). Our soap is liquid, but the baking soda, etc would look nice in jars like this. I am looking for a fun pump for the liquid detergent. Smaller sizes will also fit better on the shelves I would like to add above the washer and dryer.
5. We want to add narrow shelves above the washer and dryer to store the cleaning supplies and possibly my extensive spray paint collection. We will likely repurpose a shelf that Jeremiah just removed from the garage.
6. I need to organize my paint and supplies. Nothing is more frustrating for me than knowing I have a product or color and not being able to find it. Jeremiah built a workbench that currently houses the paint, but it really needs some organization.
7. Our furnace and water heater are highly visible from the entrance to the laundry room. I would love to buy or make a privacy screen like this to hide them while still being easily accessible. A curtain system would also work.
8. An inexpensive and colorful rug adds a feeling of softness while being easily cleaned and dried in case of any water overflows.
9. The humor and retro feeling of this sign fits our family’s aesthetic.
10. This image I found online reminded me of hanging clothes out on the line with my mom as a kid.
That’s it so far. Things will likely change, but making Idea Boards gets me thinking of a direction anyway. I am excited about this project because there is just so much potential in that room!